A few months ago, I wrote a post about my favorite country in the world being Iceland. A few days ago that changed. I have fallen deeply in love with Croatia for many reasons. One of those reasons is Plitvice Lakes National Park.
I’ll let the photos do most of the talking but I do have a few tips if you are planning to visit.
1) Go early in the morning and not during peak tourist season. This place gets VERY CROWDED, which can ruin the experience.
2) Wearing rubber sandals worked out better for me then wearing sneakers. It is flooded in some areas and your feet do get wet. Sandals dry quickly and sneakers stay wet.
3) Bring a snack and some water, it took me four hours from start to finish.
4) If you do not feel like hiking the entire park, you can cheat and start at the end, where I saw the best views!
5) Book a guide to take you. My private guide Jakov, at Zagreb Tours drove me there, told me all sorts of interesting facts about the park, and purchased my tickets in advance so that I did not have to wait in the 2 hour line to get in.