Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa
Hot off the press: Sorrel River Ranch Resort in Moab, Utah
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
Adventure With Rustic Luxury – Ranch Style
Adventure. Just the sound of the word makes me happy. Luxury adventure? Even better. It’s no surprise that Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa is my perfect paradise. Adventure literally beckons from every direction and after a day of exploring, this place is the complete package, offering a tranquil place to unwind and soak in all of the beauty that radiates from Utah’s spectacular Moab area.
Impeccably plotted in the middle of one of the earth’s most visually stunning locations, the 240-acre ranch sits on the banks of the Colorado River and is surrounded by red canyons and majestic rock formations where marvelous views gleamed back at me from every direction.
Five Star Amenities
With features like a riverfront spa, pool, farm-to-table restaurant, tennis courts, fire pits, s’mores, and so much more, Sorrel River Ranch was the ultimate spot to name my base for exploring the adventurous Moab area. The comfortable rooms are set in western-style log cabins and are quite spacious and well-appointed. Robes? Check. Slippers? Check. Private picturesque deck? Check. Deep clawfoot bathtub-with-a-view? Check! What a wonderful way to sooth my muscles after a day of intense hiking and horseback riding. My Sorrel River Quench massage at the Spa was even better.
Dining With a ‘Rockin’ View
Breakfast outside overlooking the river and red rock canyon was a fantastic way to start the day, but nothing compares to the patio dinner at the River Grill, which was not just a delight to my taste buds, but a feast for all the senses combined. The scent of the bonfire filled the air. The sun was setting behind the bright red rocks as the sound of crickets and flowing river perfectly accented the relaxing live music. My fresh and delicious meal was so yummy I’m embarrassed to say I ordered seconds. After dinner the fires were a blazin’ and the s’mores were a roastin’. Goodbye worries, Hello happy place.
The River Grill: Western meets modern-rustic at this farm-to-table fine dining establishment which boasts classic American dishes with fresh ingredients grown in Sorrel River Ranch’s own on-site garden. Views from the restaurant stretch across the Colorado River landing on the breathtaking red canyons that make this unique dining experience just as beautiful as it is tasty.
Epic Bar & Lounge: This fun, newly renovated saloon-style bar offers a well-crafted wine list, locally sourced brews, and creative cocktails. The cozy seating area is sprawled out around a central fireplace and makes for a great spot to reset after an action-packed day.
Adventure opportunities around Sorrel River Ranch are unlimited. The very scenic Arches and Canyonlands National Parks are just a short drive from the resort and offer endless options to hike, bike, explore, and photograph. For those who do not wish to drive, there are some wonderful adventures and activities that can be accessed directly from the resort. This includes horseback riding excursions, guided hikes, private painting lessons, yoga, basketball, tennis, photography classes, white-water rafting, and much more. For a full adventure guide with activities and excursions offered by Sorrel River Ranch click here.
- The closest airport to Sorrel River Ranch is Moab/Canyonlands Airport (CNY) which is 33 miles away. Most major airlines will not fly into CNY but they do fly into Grand Junction airport (GJT) which is 75 miles away, or about an hour and a half drive.
- Sorrel River Ranch is a great spot to bring kids. They offer a petting zoo and many other child-friendly activities.
- Sorrel River Ranch is pet-friendly! Ruff ruff!
- Be sure to check out the Onion Creek scenic byway just up the road from Sorrel River Ranch. You can drive, bike, off road, or ATV on a dirt road through some breathtaking sights.
- Downtown Moab is approx. a 20 minute drive from the resort.
- The horseback riding excursions from the ranch offer some wonderful views and a great riding experience, but watch out for Crackers, the plump little horse with a serious case of bad gas! (LOL). While he may be fine to ride, being on the horse directly downwind of him makes for an interesting experience.
- Outside temperatures may be comfortable during the day time but be sure to bring something warm to wear for the cool nights and early mornings.
- The rooms have a mini kitchen with a microwave, fridge, sink, and dishes, so you can bring your favorite snacks and beverages to store for later.
- There is an adventure center on-property so you easily can book all of your activities from the resort once you arrive.
I was invited to stay as a guest of Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa, but the opinions expressed in this post are, as always, my own.